BP#10 - 1st Semester as MOT1

I figured for my last blog post challenge, I would reflect on my first semester in OT school. I have honestly learned so much, too much to even put into words. Coming into program, I felt I had a pretty good grasp of OT but from what I know now it doesn't even compare. From OT425, I learned all about the OTPF, a document I didn't even know existed. For how gray of a field it is, this document really does a good job encompassing the field. I feel like our first semester took off so fast and I honestly cannot believe it is almost June! I thought I loved OT before, but my passion for the field has grown so much more. I had learned a lot coming into the program from being a therapy tech, but now I cannot wait to take what I have learned from the classroom and go back to work as a tech this summer. Now when I go back, I will be trying to guess what frame of reference is being used, what theory, even observe evals and think of what goals would be appropriate. There is so much left to be learned, yet I feel like I have accomplished so much these past few months. I truly understand what it means to be a lifelong learner and look forward to whats in store for semester 2.

Retreived from http://q.likesuccess.com/102/5069190-occupational-therapy-massage.jpg

Comments