The KAWA Model

I really liked the KAWA Model particularly because it was easy to understand. I loved how it was a metaphor to a river and felt this analogy was so fitting to the practice of OT.  It was easy to visualize it and see how the flow of a river is similar to the flow of life. I also like this model because it would be easy to explain to a client when providing OT services. It may be hard to explain the term of occupational performance to a client, but by relating this to a river and pointing out the many features, it is easy to explain to them that all those contents reflect how their occupational performance. Overall, I feel like this model is very relatable to one's life which is key to providing client-centered intervention.

Comments

  1. I'm glad the KAWA Model resonated with you, Lauren. By the way, you may want to choose a title for your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment